Navigating through COVID-19
The NEW Center is open ... and booking events!
Wow… What a long, strange trip the last year + has been for everyone!
Since the Covid-19 pandemic began, many industries and businesses have been adversely affected and either temporarily closed or ceased operations for good. While we temporarily postponed hosting the wonderful events we have become known for here at The NEW Center, we are happy to say that we are still operating and the event and catering business is coming back strong. We have missed the excitement and satisfaction our client's experience when holding events with us, and we welcome you back to restart and rebuild our relationship with you.
Over the past several months, we have resumed hosting current, and booking future, events as we continue to monitor the ever-changing guidelines set by the CDC, State of Ohio, Portage County, and NEOMED related to Covid-19 safe practices. All event planning, first and foremost, has been designed to help mitigate the risks involved with attending in-person events at The NEW Center. These include safety measures for both our guests AND our staff.
Through careful planning, we have enacted the following measures:
- Reduced capacity in our ballrooms, meetings rooms, Board Room, and our open atrium spaces
- Created “House Rules” for event organizers to share with their attendees. (Please click here for House Rules)
- Physical distancing practices in all event spaces, restrooms, dining spaces, and food service areas
- Choice of staff-served buffets eliminating high contact interactions, or per current, guidelines self-serve may occur
- Safety protocols through proper facial coverings, gloves, and hand sanitizing stations
- Thorough cleaning and disinfecting of event space before, during, and after events
- HEPA filtration in the ballrooms for weekend events
- Zoom capabilities in our Grand Ballroom, Conference Rooms, and Board Rooms for virtual hybrid participation
With these and other proactive measures in place, we look forward to hosting the many events on our schedule for the remainder of 2021 and beyond.
To that end, with weekends filling up through mid-2022, there are prime weekday and weekend availabilities for both corporate and social events. If you are looking to plan a January, February, March, or December 2022 event, discounts are available on food and beverage. Please contact Tori Wright at (330) 366-8954 or complete the online form below.
Thank you, be well and we look forward to seeing you at The NEW Center!
Andy Malitz Sheryl Loftus
Executive Director Conference Services & Catering Director
The NEW Center
Last Updated: April, 2021